Wednesday, January 2, 2013

...and then, Life happened.

So, it's been almost a whole quarter since I've posted a blog entry.  Yeah, right after I posted that last one, I got a job.  It is a stressful job where I joined up right at the busy period, but managed to pull through without losing any appendages (literal, familial or metaphorical).

Now that I have things on a more even (or less turbulent) keel, I will list my plan for 2013 and for the two projects I've started:  Blood Stone, the novel and Gravedigger, the short story.

In the time between their writing/first rough edit, I've digested the book Story Engineering and now have a solid plan on where to go next with these two projects.  Back to the outline, for both.  Not that I'm scrapping the 70K+ words that I've written.  Just that I'm reforging the outline and then taking the material that I have and working it into the spaces of that outline.  Like a puzzle... a hot mess of a puzzle.

So that's the plan.  Starting with the characters, their definitions, their lessons and then the outline (based on those presented by Larry Brooks).

If only I had that book before I started... blah blah blah.

I have it now.  I have the motivation, and I have the scheduled time to do it.

There will be a progress report in about a week's time, since one of my 2013 goals (NOT resolutions... goals) is to write a blog post once a week.

So I look at the stack of paperwork in front of me, the blank beat sheet form and am not feeling at all overwhelmed... I just think, "They've got me surrounded... those poor bastards."

As always, thanks for reading and thanks for your support!

~Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment