Wednesday, January 16, 2013

...and we're ROLLING!

First week back, like really back. Huzzah!

Monday Night Writing Session was awesome.  I loved being back there and getting work done on Gravedigger.  It was good to see my friends again as well!  I enjoy the break from writing at home, being out and yet still being productive.  The pervasive scent of coffee mingling with and energizing my creative flow.  Mmmm... coffee.  Right, where was I... yes, productivity.

I was behind and now I'm ahead.  I had slotted to finish my restructuring of Gravedigger by Friday.  Instead I finished it last night.  That means I get to start plugging in the phrases that worked from my rough draft and then write whole new ones for this second draft.  I'm super stoked... the Larry Brooks website (storyfix.com) was really helpful as was the beat sheet format.

So, by February 1st, my goal is to have Gravedigger done and ready for another review.  Then, I get to try my hand at query letters!

Tonight is blogging and Facebooking.  Then tomorrow night, if not the gym then the start on Gravedigger.  Hopefully I can get some work on it this weekend too.

This process has been pretty wild, but I'm starting to get an idea of what I need (and I'll be happier when I don't have to schedule my writing around a day job).

Anyroad, I originally came up with this blog to outline my process in hopes to help others and to document my journey from start to finish.  It's been (and will continue to be) emotional, difficult, a true test to my mental endurance, but it's also been (and will continue to be) rewarding.  Not just for my successes (and there WILL be successes) but also for the successes of those that I help inspire through this blog and through my encouragement.

Keep up the awesome work!

As always, thanks for your support and thanks for reading!

~Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment