Thursday, October 9, 2014

On Service



So, I have a quote here that I think is valid and, as usual, have my own tidbit to add:


“To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity.”


― Douglas Adams


So, to my friends, you know I have sincerity and integrity and it's a good thing too, since I have like, no money.


Seriously though, it's true, a lot of times we get wrapped up in things we want to purchase, things other people have, that it becomes really easy to miss the good things, like a friend who is genuinely trying to help. Of course, the other side of that coin is that while one can appreciate the goodwill of a genuine friend, it does little to help feed a hungry tummy.


Really, what I'm trying to say with this are two things:


One - remember to step outside yourself and look at what's actually happening around you and what you have that's not quantifiable by money.


Two - remember that what you are trying to do to help someone, while it may be genuine and sincere, may not be what that person needs.


I'm thankful to have tons of loving, caring, genuine friends and hope that you all have a wonderful night (which, by the way, was a perfect night here in Illinois for a bonfire and playing in the back yard with the kids and boffer swords)!


Addicta , septies , ut resurgat octo.


Thanks for reading and thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment