Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Night Headbutt

Total Word Count (approx.): 54K; Daily Word Count (approx.): 1K

Well, I can see what my Saturday night is going to be like:  Me, any alcohol still left in the house, and my laptop, hammering away to get those last few thousand words.

Didn't get much of anything done today as far as writing is concerned, but I do feel a bit more accomplished as a social networker.  I got connected to a lot of experts out there who both influence me and educate me and I'm pretty stoked about it.  Enough so that it's worth trading off some drinking time for writing.

Just came out of the Horror Book Club meeting as well and it was pretty awesome.  Read a great book (which spoiled me and set the bar for all horror stories I read from here on in) and discussed it at pretty good length.  I mentioned it before, Brian Keene's 'A Gathering of Crows'.

Anyroad, I have discovered a thing or two about pacing and looking forward to utilizing that knowledge in the revision of the story.  Also, I'll need a title which is something that I'll be working as well on Saturday night.

So, for all those that I said I'd get together Saturday night, sorry, no dice, gotta work.  Trust me, though, it'll be totally worth it.

Thanks for your support and thanks for reading!

~Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment