Thursday, March 1, 2012

Family Game Night!!!

Total Word Count (approx.): 38.5K; Daily Word Count (approx.): 2K


It's good to have something to take one's mind off the trials and tribulations of real life.  Tonight was Family Game Night and the Munchkin expressed a strong desire to play DnD again.  I realized it would be a lot of work (since I usually run it), and my wife did too, because she offered to run it.  

I had a blast and I can say that the Munchkin did as well.  Quote of the night (paraphrased due to fatigue and having just pushed out 2000 words in about forty-five minutes) in response to why she can't understand the squeaking of bats (something her character can't do normally), "They're not English bats then.  They must be French bats, of course."  Not bad for a 7-year-old.

Anyroad, enough about gaming, on to writing.  I'm pretty happy with where this is coming along.  This is the most I have ever written about one thing.  I have over 105 pages (courier 10pt double spaced) and I'm getting closer to the end.  After this week only twenty thousand more words and I'll have a first draft... lots of things to wrap up by then.  

So, all in all a good day, great night and now I can sign off, happy that I've accomplished my daily word count and only 2500 words to go for my weekly to be met.  Looking forward to getting past that tomorrow.  

Thanks for reading and thanks for your support!

~Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment