Friday, February 24, 2012

Admiration

Total Word Count (approx.): 31K; Daily Word Count (approx.): 2.3K (Weekly goal of 10K words achieved!)


So, as the title of this blog insinuates, this post is about admiration.  Looking at my daily routine and knowing my energy level at the end of a full day (which is to say, all but none) and sitting down to write is one of the more difficult things I've had to do.  It'd be so easy to say, "I'm too tired" or "I've got a head-ache".  It'd be easy to fool myself into not doing the writing...


...but then I'd not be a writer.  Because then I look at some of the authors I've met who are a great influence to me, like Jim Hines, Tim Akers, and Matt Forbeck.  I look at the things they're doing, like Jim, who works a full time job outside of being a successful author and Tim who also worked a day job while being a successful author and Matt Forbeck who is on track to writing 12 novels this year.  I'm sure they all have days that they don't feel like writing, yet they do it.  And they've succeeded. 


So, tonight, through my exhaustion, through my head-ache, I achieved my weekly goal of ten thousand words.  I am officially half way done with my first draft (and have nearly 100 pages of text).  Sure, I felt like just lounging in the Poang and watching an episode of Being Human (UK) on Netflix, but instead, I wrote.  I put words on paper (virtual as it is).  I achieved my goal and now I have two days off.  To reward myself, tomorrow night should once again be a night filled with Talisman with friends.  


Thanks for reading, thanks for your support and have a great night!

~Stephan

No comments:

Post a Comment