Friday, February 17, 2012

How much wood could a Woodchuck chuck...

Total Word Count (approx.): 20.8K; Daily Word Count (approx.): 1.2K 


So, motivation-wise, I wrote for only about half an hour before I had a good cut off point.  I intended to write until 8:30 when my wife and I were going to go and watch "Drive" but it turned out I got out roughly the amount of words I wanted in about half the time.   Huzzah.


Setting a time to write and then getting in the habit of writing at that point is really a great way to train your body and mind to do what it is you need to do.  So, this week I've almost doubled my word count.  What does that mean?  Well, it means that in the past five nights (about five hours) I've done as much work on this novel as I've done over the past month and a half. 


So, now that I've had four Woodchucks, and posted my word count and such here, I'm heading to the living room for some well deserved R&R.  


I've also discovered that it's important to give yourself a day off and that's what tomorrow is.  Tomorrow I am not writing (but I am drinking whatever's left in the house after tonight and also playing Talisman with some friends).   Something to work for, something to look forward to.  

So that said, I'm looking to write 10,000 words a week.  That means that I'll have reached my intended goal (and hopefully the end of this story) by St. Patrick's Day.  

Coincidence?  I think NOT!!!!  Guinness and Woodchuck's make an excellent substitute black and tan as well as a great way to celebrate.

Alright, thanks for reading and thanks for your support.  Now go out there and have a GREAT weekend!  :)

~Stephan


No comments:

Post a Comment